Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Oh, God, You're so funny

So I cried out to the LORD yesterday and what do I find this morning? A blog post on my Google Reader from a gal whose blog I follow titled, "Sinking, Sinking, Saved!"


I know it's also no coincidence that I've now heard the verses "Be still and know that I am God" and "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You" several times in the past two days.

I also came across Kay Arthur's book When the Hurt Runs Deep. It looks like it would be a good read and it's only $10, but I really wanted it in Kindle edition, but it costs about $2 more!!! Argh. I also saw it for only $6 in the used section, but again, I wanted an e-version. :( Guess I will keep checking our library. ;)

On another note, Dh and I ordered the stone bench last night for the "memorial mound" we have in the front yard in honor of Matt's memory. So very tough. People only order benches because they've lost a loved one. And that is what sucks. Anyway - it will be beautiful. Gray stone, semi-circular, beveled edges, and with the inscription, "LORD, You Never Let Go." We will hopefully have it before July 29. 

Lastly, we'll be packing tomorrow for a trip to Grandma's this weekend. (I really want to say "and Grandpa's.) *sigh* Missing Grandpa, too. Looking VERY forward to getting away. Love visiting the farm. Love not having any "responsibilities" for a few days. It's a chance for me to think without the usual daily distractions. I am planning on *hopefully!* finishing the rest of the condolence Thank You cards...and if I have any time left after that, I need to start work on school planning for next year. I sure hope my expectations aren't too high!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment