Thursday, July 26, 2012

Phantom Pains

Hard day today. As with amputees experiencing phantom pain, there doesn't seem to be any reason for it, other than missing my son terribly, missing a part of me that no longer exists. My heart aches so painfully it feels like I'm suffocating. Focusing on the truth of God's word doesn't take away the pain, though it does bring comfort and eventually brings me back to shore. It is the life line I must grab a hold of if I'm going to get through this. I strongly suspect much of this phantom pain is because of Sunday coming up. My mom is coming tomorrow, and for that I am glad. No matter how old you get, there are still times you need your mom.

 I also posted recently about acupuncture, chiropractic, and massage helping this sciatic nerve pain I've had. Unfortunately, it's only helped as long as I've gone every three days. And, unfortunately, that really means it isn't helping. *sigh* I finally called the clinic today to set up physical therapy. I'm not hopeful about it, however, as it did nothing for my bursitis. In fact, it only worsened it, and it wasn't until I completely stopped and we got the new sleep number bed that the bursitis went away. BUT, again, unfortunately, it wasn't too long after the new bed that the sciatic nerve stuff started up. *sigh* I just can't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment