Friday, July 6, 2012

Moving on

I really don't like the phrase "moving on." To me, it implies callousness and an attitude of unimportance. Like "suck it up" or "get over it." Only one doesn't "get over" the death of their child or their loved one. Moving forward, however, acknowledges that it is necessary, yet accomplished gently with care. It's speaks of an attitude that remembers the past, but recognizes the importance of going forward. Going forward because it's for your good, for your mental and spiritual health.

Unfortunately, for the bereaved, moving forward happens at a much slower pace than those who do not grieve. And I'm having a hard time with that. As I see other people move on, it hurts. I feel alone, left behind.

Yet I know it's reality. It is what it is. No one else (except my Dh) grieves my loss like I do, because it's my loss. I guess I need to stop expecting others to "get it" when it's simply not in their capacity to. And that is why I am thankful for GrievingWithHope. I hope and pray the GWH board will be a blessing to many hurting parents, widows, and other bereaved persons. Because this is where, hopefully, you will find that you are not alone, and that you are not left behind. There are others who will walk with you on this road, through this season of sorrow...no matter how long it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment