Thursday, March 28, 2013

When You’re Struggling through Holy Week (Thursday)

I read Ann Voskamp's When You’re Struggling through Holy Week (Thursday) email devotion tonight and cried. I realized I had been trying all week to just ignore Easter. Yeah, like that was gonna work, right? Sometimes grief simply doesn't make sense and neither do the people who are grieving. *sigh*

I spent all week running at warp speed, trying to outrun the inevitable. It's been the same even with the change of seasons. I want winter to stay. I have fought the coming of spring. Stupid, I know. But the change in seasons, the warmer weather and the bright sunshine, only brings dread to my heart. Dread because those things remind me of summer, which then reminds me of when my precious son died. Again, grief doesn't make sense, but whoever said it did?

The devotion brought great comfort. I am thankful. I am thankful that God has not left me alone. I am thankful for people like Ann who allow God to use them to speak the truth. I am thankful for Jesus - the way, the truth, and the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment