Saturday, March 24, 2012

This reality thing

This last week has been emotionally excruciating to say the least. The ups and downs on this roller coaster may have spread out a bit, but they are just as steep. The horrific reality that my son is dead has repeatedly punched me in the face this week. And while I am back to routine tasks like planning the menu and making dinner, the reality that Matt is gone slaps me in the face every time I count the place settings or sit down at the dining room table. I have lost sight of hope.

Yet God continues to minister to me. He reminded me that there is hope. Somehow, too, I had gotten off track in listening to praise and worship music this week. I think I highly underestimated how powerful music is in affecting the mind and spirit. Praise and worship songs are incredibly powerful because of the truths found in them. I had neglected listening to the truth this week!

Just this morning, I heard these two songs. ("Lord, You Never Let Go" was one of the songs we played at Matt's funeral. A bit hard to listen to now, but I need to be reminded of the TRUTH!) Thank you, LORD, for reminding me of the truth. The other song, "In Christ Alone" has always been a favorite of mine.






No comments:

Post a Comment