Friday, September 2, 2011

Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.(KJV)

I have struggled with this verse for a very, very long time, until I read it today in the KJV. Then I looked up the word "expected" in the original Hebrew language. I should have known. :) The word is "tiqvah." It's a word I have studied before in the book of Ruth and is mentioned again Joshua when reading about Rahab. It means "from 6960; literally, a cord (as an attachment (compare 6961)); figuratively, expectancy:--expectation ((-ted)), hope, live, thing that I long for."

That cord, that tiqvah, is JESUS CHRIST. He is the goal/expected end of our life that God wants for us. Take it, grab hold of it, don't let it go. In fact, you don't even need to hold it...you can simply tie it around your window as Rahab did when hiding the spies. And what I mean by that is this: accept Christ as your savior, and He will do the rest. He will hold you. He will carry you. He will enable you. He will walk with you. He is the hope we have. It is the only thing right now that enables me to get through this valley of sorrow that I am in. When this life (or your loved one's) is over, Christ is your cord - your life line. Do you realize that? Do you have that hope? Take the red thread that God is offering to you now.


No comments:

Post a Comment