Friday, July 26, 2013

If I Could See

I came across Amy Grant's song this week titled, "If I Could See(What the Angels See)" and found myself wondering, once again, why doesn't God give us a glimpse of Heaven? I think this is one of those things that, even if God explained it to us, is simply too far beyond our understanding. It's why He, instead, tells us to have faith. More and more, I am realizing how important faith is.

Of course, while I'm struggling with this, and the fact that it's only days away from Matt's two year homegoing date, I stumble across yet another song I remember Amy Grant singing. Of all things, it prefaces a Precept blog post.

God's name for the impossible moments in life.

Tell me that God isn't intimate with His children, and I'll tell you you don't know Him. God does a lot of things I don't understand, but I believe this: If God could be understood and explained, what kind of God would He be? Not much of one, I'd say. Lay down your need for understanding and put your trust in the only one true God. He loves you. He will never leave you nor forsake you.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment