Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

Just glad it's over. Felt all day as if both Dh and I were just gritting our teeth, bearing through the day. Just painful. That's all there is to it. I felt much like I was putting on an act because, for everyone, today was a day of celebration and rejoicing. And it is. I am rejoicing over the resurrection of Christ, but deeply grieving our loss. I don't know how to explain it. It's just so hard on days like these when you go to church and see all of the other families complete and whole and happy. I just constantly try to remind myself of the truth...that without the resurrection of Jesus, then Matt, nor any of us, would have eternal life. I have to remember that Jesus is alive, and because He lives, so does Matt. My son IS alive and I will see him again. And I will see Jesus. I will see the Father, my heavenly Father, who loves me so much, who binds up my wounds, meets my needs, strengthens my faith, and isn't threatened by my doubts or fears, but invites me to come to Him with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment