Friday, July 18, 2014

Matt's 3 year remembrance event - Day 4



It is day 4 of the GoFundMe campaign and, thus far, $760 has been raised. Words truly fail to express how much this means to us. Truth be told, my faith was small. When I set up the fund, I wanted to leave the dollar amount blank, but the field was required, and it wouldn't let me leave it empty. I thought about putting $500 for the goal and, honestly, I didn't think it would even come close to reaching that. But I felt God whispering to me, "Do the impossible. Trust Me." So I stepped off the ledge of fear and doubt and typed $1000 in the goal amount field. And already, on day 4, God has amazed me. Oh, Me, of little faith.




In 11 days, we will be marking the three year anniversary of our son's death. (July 29th) We want to observe the date by "paying it forward." Matt was brilliant when it came to computers. He especially liked to troubleshoot and repair computer issues. To pay it forward, we'd like to raise money that will be used on July 29th to pay a computer repair bill for a random customer(s) at a yet undecided local computer business. Matt would be 19yrs. old now, and we have no doubt that, were he here, he'd be working at a computer business in town. No gift is too small, and your act of kindness is tremendously appreciated. If you would like to honor his memory with us, please click on the link above.


*Just a special note about the photo I used. I took it the night before Matt's BPA club state competition. He ended up placing 1st in PC Troubleshooting and Repair and 5th in Java Programming.

To all who have donated: THANK YOU! Thank you for allowing God to use you to strengthen my faith and to honor our son's memory. We continue to grieve, but we do not grieve as those who have no hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment