Thursday, September 13, 2012

Signs of healing

The GriefShare daily emails continue to be helpful. I read this one the other day and decided I needed to list the few "signs of daybreak" that I have seen.

Grief Can Feel Unending
Day 29
You feel as though you've been in this pit, this dark tunnel, on this roller-coaster ride, far too long. Will this grief never end?

"There is no microwave healing. There's no way you can just zap it, and you're better. God's healing takes time, but morning will come," says Barbara Johnson.

What signs of daybreak do you see in your life? If you are walking blindly in the darkness of despair, look to the God of light to show you the way.

"Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning" (Psalm 30:5).

Lord Jesus, sometimes I feel like my grief will never end. Show me patches of sunlight in my life today that will spur me on with a healing hope. Amen.

  • I am planning a menu on a somewhat fairly regular basis again.
  • The two youngest boys are sleeping consistently through the night again.
  • I am wearing make-up most days.
  • The times of crying are less, shorter, and further apart. (It doesn't mean I miss my son any less or don't still grieve, but the pain has changed. In the beginning, it's a consuming fire; a hot, molten-lava type of pain. Now it is a profound sadness. Just as deep, but changed in form.)
While that may not seem like much, it truly is. Healing happens almost so slowly that it seems unnoticeable. I am learning to appreciate the little steps forward, no matter how small. It still amazes me to look back and see how far we've come. Of course, we didn't do this alone, that's for sure. GOD has carried us every step of the way, and the prayers of many have upheld us unaware on many a day. Thanking God for His goodness, mercy, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment